Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I tried

I tried being like you today.
But its hard striving to be something so low and beastly.
Going through life trying everything you can to be better then everybody else.
Falling flat on your face every time. How do you do it?
Knowing that you will never live up the the standards of "love".
I tried feeling how you feel today.
But it's impossible to kneel on the ground for years just praying that one day someone might pick you up and take you home.
Because i know the sound of someone you love greatly, hanging up the phone. All you hear is that terrifying beeping.
I tired being something im not.
I felt lost, more lost then i already was.
I wanted to be just like "you"
I just couldnt handle the bruising.
I couldent handle being lost with you two.
Being lost in the eyes of regret and pain.
Trying so hard to live up to "love" and "faith"
When all you had to do was believe in him.
I dialed 911 today and asked if God was there.
The operator got upset and told me this was emergencies only.
Do any of you know Gods number? Or how to get a hold of him?
Because I tried, its imposable.
I tired being like you today.
Falling over my own feet, taking small steps just to keep myself off the ground.
I tried being like you today.
Creating the world and man in 7 days. Or was it six?
Either way it seems unbelievable
I tried being like them today.
Judging the world based on a small book filled with tissue paper and the tears of sinners.
I tried holding myself back today.
I told myself over and over again not to let myself fall for you.
I want to get lost in your eyes forever, not having to worry about anything or anyone.
I want to get lost inside your heart, your veins and your soul.
I want to get lost in your lungs. Taking away your oxygen. Taking away your life.
Because that is just how much I love you, and everything you do.

2 comments:

  1. This is so freaking good. Is this the same poem you read at speak for yourself?

    I remember that 911 line. That's one of the best lines ever. For emergencies only.

    ReplyDelete